Tuesday 18 March 2014

Lighthouse (Blog) Award



My thanks to Juliet Wilson aka Crafty Green Poet for nominating me for The Lighthouse Award for this blog. Juliet blogs about the environment, about poetry and about her craft projects that involve recycled material. Juliet has edited the online poetry magazine, Bolts of Silk, since 2006.

The award was created by Coach Muller at ‘Good Times Stories’ who says this is “an award to recognize the people who have created beautiful, heartwarming, and inspirational blogs. Their blogs bring us happiness, enlighten our hearts, and bring a little joy to our lives when we visit their pages. The work that these people have done has truly given us rays of light in a gloomy world."


Mabel the Tawny Owl


And now it falls to me to nominate others for the Award. I have chosen a variety of bloggers from the USA to the Philippines, with interests largely in the realms of poetry, photography and the natural world. Do visit the listed blogs and enjoy the variety!

So in the hope that one or two of the following blog friends will accept the award and pass it on to other bloggers, I nominate (in no particular order) ...

  • Matt for his blog, Polyolbion, which blends poetry matters and reviews with birding.
  • Em for her blog, Dartmoor Ramblings, with art and stunning photographs of Dartmoor.
  • Adam for his detailed blog, My Life Outside, about wildlife in South Wales (and sometimes on Mull).
  • Lucy at Loose and Leafy, hosting the 2014 blog initiative, 'Tree Following'.
  • Marc for his innovative Folding Mirror Poetry.
  • Naquillity for her natural-world based poesaics and fototudes. 
  • Andrea for her blog, Pure Oxygen Generators, from the Philippines
  • Mary for her USA-based Faith, Fabric and Photos ... wonderful quilts and stunning birds! 

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Caroline, i am so honored with this award. I am grateful that you appreciate my blogposts, it is definitely hearwarming. I will not accept it yet as i am obliged to nominate other blogs, which i will still select and think about.

Regarding the ladybird beetles, i am wondering where they are and why they are not multiplying as fast as we need them. Our crops and trees are invaded with a lot of aphids and mealy bugs that will put our coconut industry at stake. In our property, there's a lot too, but i can't find even one beetle. Best regards!

eileeninmd said...

Congrats on your award, Caroline! You have a wonderful blog!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'll be sure to check out the blogs you've nominated!

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

It's so kind of you to nominate me and my blog for The Lighthouse Award. I truly appreciate it - and it's a surprise. However, I will, very regretfully, have to decline. Most awards, unlike this one, ask the recipients to answer a list of questions . . . that kind of thing. Because my blog is about plants, not me, I can't do that and have to say 'no'. But I am, none the less, grateful for their thoughts and endorsement and wouldn't like to cause offence by accepting one but not another. This is a bit convoluted but I hope, none the less, you understand. Many, many thanks though! - And best wishes. Lucy

Marc Latham said...

Thanks for nominating me Caroline, and well deserved for your blog.

Naquillity said...

thanks for nominating me Caroline... so glad you enjoy my blog posts. i was able to post something new today about saving a starling. stop by and see when you can... i will think about who to nominate and make a post before the end of the week. have a great day~

Adam Tilt said...

Hi Caroline many thanks for my nomination, it really brightened my day. I shall share my own nominations in the near future and be sure to check out my follow nominees.